Today’s free book is biblical archaeologist Nelson Glueck’s The Other Side of the Jordan, which is a summary of the results of excavations carried out by the American School of Oriental Research in the Transjordan. This title is in the public domain and was digitised using the copy heldin Spurgeon’s College library.
Nelson Glueck [1900-1971], The Other Side of the Jordan. New Haven, CT: American Schools of Oriental Research, 1940. Hbk. pp.208. [Click here to visit the download page for this title]
Table of Contents
- List of Figures
- What is Biblical Archaeology?
- The Desert of Eastern Transjordan
- King Solomon’s Copper Mines
- Ezion-Geber: Solomon’s Seaport
- Edom, Moab, Ammon, and Gilead
- The Civilisation of the Nabataeans
Main image: The Excavations at Tell Kheleifeh (from p. 95)