London: SPCK, 1902. Hbk. pp.520.
This book is in the Public Domain.
Table of Contents
- The Early Traditions of the Creation
- The History, as given in the Bible, from Creation to the Flood
- The Flood
- Assyria, Babylonia, and the Hebrews. with reference to the so-called Genealogical Table
- Babylonia at the time of Abraham
- Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph
- The Tel-el Amarma tablets and the Exodus
- The Nations with whom the Isrealites came into Contact
- Contact of the Hebrews with the Assyrians
- Contact of the Hebrews with the Later Babylonians
- Life at Babylon during the Captivity, with some reference to the Jews
- The Decline of Babylon